Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Vegan Mofo #26 - Celine & Tamasin’s Radish and Creamy Cheese Bagel Sandwiches...

















Vegan Mofo #26 - Celine & Tamasin’s Radish and Creamy Cheese Bagel Sandwiches

The Book - Vegan Sandwiches Save the Day!
The Author - Celine Steen & Tamasin Noyes
The Recipe - Radish and Creamy Cheese Bagel Sandwiches
Page # 62
Difficulty - Easy
Duration - Roughly 15 minutes
















I like Radishes, I like bagels and I like vegan cream cheese. So when I came across this recipe while flipping through “Vegan Sandwiches Save the Day” I found myself intrigued. I hadn’t really planned to make it for Mofo, but one afternoon before going to work I needed something quick and easy to make for lunch, and since I had all the ingredients this seemed perfect.
















The recipe is super easy and you can really whip it up in no time. Toast a bagel, slice some radishes and grab a handful of baby arugula or spinach. I used spinach because I was out of arugula. Then you dice some shallots, raisins, and chives, mix them with cream cheese, ume vinegar, salt and pepper and smear the mixture onto your toasted bagel halves.
















The savory slightly sweet cream cheese tastes really good along with the crisp, crunchy radish, and the smooth spinach. It would be equally as good with peppery arugula, and it would be especially good eaten - as the authors suggest - on a sweltering hot mid-summer day. This might not be the most impressive sandwich I’ve made during Mofo, but it is refreshing and satisfying.

















No comments:

Post a Comment