Thursday, November 15, 2012

Product Review - KeVita Sparkling Probiotic Drink...

















Have you heard of KeVita? Well, if you haven’t you just might want to check it out. I’d seen KeVita around for a while and was always sort of interested in it, but I didn’t realize it was vegan until a couple of months ago, up until then I assumed it was some kind of dairy Kefir, but it’s not. KeVita is a sparkling probiotic drink made with a blend of probiotics and a certified KeVita probiotic culture. It is then fermented with coconut water. Though it can also be fermented with tea or purified reverse osmosis water. It is similar to Kombucha, but lighter in flavor, without the tartness and vinegary flavor that is characteristic of Kombucha.
















Personally I think it’s pretty damn delicious, and refreshing and so I’ve been drinking it a lot lately. Up until I gave KeVita a try I was drinking a kombucha almost everyday, then I tossed kombucha to the wayside and started drinking KeVita everyday. Now I split my time between these two loves, drinking a couple of KeVita’s a week and a couple of Kombucha’s a week.
















I love their Mango coconut, Lemon Ginger, and Pomegranate flavors the best, but they also have a Pomegranate Coconut, Pomegranate Black Tea, Living Greens, Coconut, and a Strawberry Acai Coconut that are quite good also. What I really like about them other then their flavor is that they are low-calorie. They are much lower in calories then Kombucha is. Depending on the drink they range between 5-45 calories per serving, and each bottle contains two servings. So if you pick the lowest calorie flavor that’s only 10 calories for the whole bottle which is a pretty good deal. I also like that they’re low in sugar, and that they’re certified organic. They’re also gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, vegan, and non-GMO so they can be enjoyed by anyone and everyone.
















Because I find KeVita refreshing, energizing, vitalizing, and reinvigorating I typically drink a bottle in the mid to late afternoon when I’m starting to feel that mid-day hump. I find them particularly refreshing and helpful after getting back from an afternoon walk, when I’m just preparing to start on my homework. Though I also utilize KeVita’s awesome power on days I need to be up extra early, or on extremely busy days, or when I work nights and need something in those last three hours to keep me sane, awake and moving!

If you like Kombucha I think you’ll like KeVita so you should go out and give it a try. However even if you don’t like Kombucha you should give KeVita a try because like I said, it’s a lot milder. If you don’t like Kombucha because of it’s vinegary flavor, you’ll definitely be pleasantly surprised by the mild, and fruitful flavor of KeVita. Next time you’re at your local health food store or grocery look for it, and if you don’t see it make an inquiry!

KeVita Homepage

3 comments:

  1. Probiotic drinks may also help people with Crohn’s disease and irritable bowel syndrome. Clinical trial results are mixed, but several small studies suggest that certain probiotics may help maintain remission of ulcerative colitis and prevent relapse of Crohn’s disease and the recurrence of pouchitis (a complication of surgery to treat ulcerative colitis). Yakult milk also a good source of probiotic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you kevita master brew kombucha? YUMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. They carry Kavita at Target stores now! New flavors and so far all are delicious.

    I have a hard time drinking Kombucha, and this is definitely a milder alternative.

    ReplyDelete