Friday, June 21, 2013

Product Review - Sunwarrior: Chocolate - Raw, Vegan - Protein Powder...

















Happy Summer Solstice everyone! Today is the longest day of the year, today is the day to stay up and enjoy the sun, because after today the days will gradually begin to grow short again until we find ourselves in winter once more. I love summer solstice because I love the sun, and I love late-night sunsets. Seeing the sun go down at six is a little depressing to me, and I’d much rather watch it set at nine or ten. Unfortunately in Illinois today we have no sun at all, the day was bright and cherry when I woke up - for about five seconds - and then the sky quickly turned to grey, and now it’s going black. Storms are on the horizon, and so most of my solstice we be spent moping around indoors. At least I took advantage of the day before the rain hit, and had a lovely bike ride through the grey, whipping wind.

But enough about all that, I wanted to share a product with you that I’ve been enjoying quite a bit lately over the past couple of months. Since I’m not cooking anything summery or celebratory today I thought it was the perfect day to share it with you.

















Sunwarrior Chocolate  Protein Powder! This stuff is amazing! Y’all know how much I love a good vegan protein powder right? Well, I first heard about Sunwarrior a few years ago when I was in Maui, and I’d been wanting to try it ever since. Of course this stuff is a bit more expensive then what I normally buy so I kept on holding off on getting some. Then my local health food store was having a sale and I scored a bag for 30% off! How cool is that? I chose to buy the chocolate flavor because I tend to favor chocolate flavored protein powders and figured that would be the safest place to start, and man oh man is this stuff good.

Now, I love me some Manitoba Harvest Hemp Protein and some Vega but I think Sunwarrior beats them both in terms of just good ‘ole flavor. The texture isn’t grainy at all, or gritty like a lot of powders out there, and It has a mild chocolate flavor as opposed to a really in your face one. I also don’t find it to be overly sweet, and I don’t think it leaves that strange protein powder ‘aftertaste’ in your mouth. This stuff goes down smooth, and tastes delicious and you can really add it into any kind of smoothie that strikes your fancy. I’ve been enjoying it in all sorts of configurations latley but my hands down favorite way to drink it is the classic - almond butter, almond milk, banana, maca, cherries, and ice combo.

Other great aspects of Sunwarrior protein powder is that it’s a GMO-Free product, it’s Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, and Dairy-Free, and it’s also hypoallergenic. There are also no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives, it's sweetened with stevia and it’s raw. It also contains all the essential and non-essential amino acids in a perfectly balanced profile. According to their website they have the highest amount of (non-soy) raw, whole-grain sprouted vegan protein of any product available. Pretty cool! One scoop is also only about 80 calories which is considerably lower then a lot of other protein powders I’ve seen on the market.






















I look forward to trying both the vanilla and natural flavors in the future, and hope they’re just as good as the chocolate version, but for now I’m really loving this powder. So if you love protein powders as much as I do - particularly as a quick post work out, or pre-work breakfast - then check this one out and let me know what you think!

Oh and if you live in an area where the sun is actually out and shining today, make sure you go out and enjoy it! Happy Solstice!

2 comments:

  1. That's really a marvelous post. This post contains useful information which helps us a lot. I have never seen such a great post. Your wonderful post can inspire a lot and helps us. I visit your website often and share with my friend. sunwarrior chocolate protein

    ReplyDelete