Friday, March 7, 2014

Sensational Spring Citrus Smoothie...
















If you’re living just about anywhere in North America right now, and you’re anything like me you’re probably wondering when this dreaded winter is going to come to it’s end. I mean I like winter alright - in moderation, but all these crazy snowstorms and the bone-chilling cold has got me longing for Spring like never before. Today it’s in the mid-40's which to some is still pretty cold, but to me it’s like paradise, the sun is shining, there’s no wind, it’s actually warm enough to walk outside without a parka - light jacket may be required however - and I’m beginning to feel like Spring is finally on it’s way. I know I’m ready for it, and my body is ready for it, and so are my tastebuds.

Something a lot of people don’t know about me is that I absolutely love grapefruit, and the reason why people don’t know this, is because despite my great love of this beautiful citrus I don’t really talk about it very much. Over the past couple of months I’ve been buying huge bags of ruby red grapefruits and normally I juice them along with oranges, lemons and ginger. Well, this morning I was definitely craving a mix of that sort but was too lazy to get out the juicer. So instead I whipped up this super simple, and deliciously citrusy smoothie to keep the smile on my face and remind myself that spring is only a few more weeks away. So buck up, and enjoy some citrus until it gets here.
















Sensational Spring Citrus Smoothie 

1 Large Red Grapefruit, peeled, pith and seeds removed.
Small handful of Fresh or Frozen Raspberries
6 Fresh or Frozen Strawberries
½ Large or 1 Small banana
5 Frozen Peach Slices
3/4 C Orange Juice
½ C Water
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice

- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend for 60-90 seconds until completely smooth. For a thinner consistency add a little more water if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment