Monday, July 28, 2014

Chocolate Cinnamon Power Shake...














I’ve always been a big fan of protein shakes/smoothies. Since I’m not normally a big eater in the morning these have always been my salvation. Since my last cleanse however I’ve been mostly sticking to fruit for breakfast in the morning, and so I haven’t bought protein powder or anything like that in ages, but lately I’ve been really craving a good ‘ole chocolate protein smoothie. Today since I was particularly ravenous upon waking, - and since I still don’t have any protein powders - I decided to just throw together my own little power shake.

I was amazed by the result. It tastes so good, and so decadent, and it’s very reminiscent of some of my favorite protein shakes. After I scarfed down a peach and a mango, I drank this, and it really hit the spot. I might just make it again tomorrow and the next day and the next! 
















Chocolate Cinnamon Power Shake 

1 C Vanilla Almond Milk
1 Ripe Banana 
2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder 
1 tsp Lucuma Powder
1 tsp Maca Powder 
½ tsp Ground Cinnamon 
1 tsp Vanilla Extract 
** 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter & Co’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter
1 tsp Instant Espresso Powder (Optional) 
6 Ice Cubes

- Place all ingredients into a highspeed blender and blend on high for 60-90 seconds until completely smooth.

- Pour into a glass and enjoy! 

*** Note - If you don’t have or can’t find Peanut Butter & Co’s amazing Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut butter, Sub your favorite peanut butter, with an added dash of cinnamon and a small handful of raisins. *** 

2 comments:

  1. The pictures almost make me forget there's peanut butter in it. ;) haha But I'm glad you liked it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Smoothies and Shakes gonna have to try this one! Never have put peanut butter in a smoothie but am going to try it!!! I love peanut butter!!!
    S.T.

    ReplyDelete