Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Red Curry Rice Soup...
I made this soup a lot over January. It's so quick and easy which I love, but it's also super warming, comforting and packed full of nutrition and flavor. Unfortunately I didn't really write down a recipe, but this is more or less how it goes.
Red Curry Rice Soup
1Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Small Onion Diced
6-8 Garlic Cloves Minced
1 tsp Ground Ginger
3 Cups Vegan Chicken Broth
1 15oz Can Coconut Milk
2 Tbsp Red Curry Paste
1 tsp Sea Salt
2-3 Tbsp White Jasmine Rice
2-3 Baby Bok Choy
3-4 Green Onions sliced thin
1/4 tsp Gochujang or Red Pepper Flakes
- Heat the Olive Oil in a medium sized pot. Add the onion and cook for 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add the Vegan Chicken Broth and Rice. Bring to a boil and then lower to simmer. 10 Minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk, salt, and Red Curry Paste. Simmer another 10-15 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Add the sliced Bok Choy Leaves, green onions and Gochujang. Stir to combine and cook 1-2 minutes just until the choy has wilted.
- Serve garnished with extra green onions, and Gochujang if desired.