Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Product Review - WestSoy: Chocolate Peppermint Stick Soy Beverage...






















I can’t believe I haven’t posted in a week - uh - well, lets chalk it up to holiday madness and laziness. I don’t know about you but it’s damn cold here in Chicago (1'F, or -17'C) and that’s put me in something of a hibernation mode.  The holidays, writing, work, and school projects have got me kind of down and tired lately. Bad weather typically makes me feel this way, and the first week after a big holiday I’m always a bit spent. Since our epic Thanksgiving brunch I’ve hardly done any cooking - at least none that’s very interesting. We’ve been eating simply - bowls of rice and steamed vegetables, or pasta, or salad. All of which are delicious but none to creative.

But, even though I haven’t any recipes to share with you today there is one thing I’ve been wanting to tell you about for some time now, and that’s WestSoy’s Chocolate Peppermint Stick Soy Beverage. I”ve seen this in the stores for a couple of years now, and I never buy it. I don’t know why, I love chocolate and I love peppermint and I’m crazy for the two together. Maybe it’s because I never buy WestSoy products - brand loyalty is a weird thing yo. - but whatever the reason I always passed up this interesting holiday beverage at the store. Then a couple of weeks ago I saw it on sale, and thought “Why not give it a try?” I figured even if I didn’t like it, at the very least I could tell all of you about it.

Well, as it turns out this stuff is amazing. Seriously, it’s like crack folks. One sip and you’re hooked. It tastes just like a cold peppermint mocha from the evil coffee corporation that shall not be named. I really can’t get over the perfectly delicious blend of rich chocolate and cool peppermint. A winning combination no matter what. A couple of years ago I reviewed the So Delicious Mint Chocolate Coconut Milk which I loved, but I think if push comes to shove I’ll have to say that I like WestSoy just a little bit better. For me the difference is the mint vs the peppermint. This may be such a subtle difference to most people but to me it’s another world entirely. Mint and Peppermint just aren’t the same, and Peppermint is by far my favorite, it’s got that subtle sweetness that plain mint just doesn’t have, and it works holiday magic when combined with chocolate.






















It is a little calorie dense at 180 calories per cup and contains 25g of sugar per serving but it’s so damn delicious! Seriously, if I could mainline it I would! Now, in all seriousness I obviously wouldn’t recommend buying and drinking this all of the time, but for a holiday treat to add a little pizzaz to your life, why not? There are worse things you could be drinking - include a little this holiday season. WestSoy is also made with organic soy milk and is Non-GMO Verified which is pretty awesome.

This is definitely my new favorite holiday beverage - and apparently you can drink it warm too, though I haven’t tried that yet, but I can’t wait to! If you try it I hope you enjoy it, and if you like the chocolate peppermint combination as much as I do I’m sure you’ll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment