Thursday, January 31, 2013

Juice Fast Day 2...

Bitter Detox Juice

















Tuesday was my second day of Juice Fasting - I know I’m a few days behind, sorry! - and it went better then the first day.

10am - I woke up. I wasn’t particularly happy about sleeping in so late, but since I’m juice fasting I thought I’d cut myself some slack. When I woke up I was feeling happy and positive and not hungry which surprised me since when I was a little hungry before bed the night before.

10:30am - Since I still wasn’t hungry I downed an 8oz coconut water along with a regular glass of water and went for a walk.

11:30am - I arrived home and began making breakfast. Once 16oz Green Juice called The Bitter Detoxifier - from Douglas McNish’s book “Eat Raw Eat Well” Although I made a substitution. I had no dandelion greens so I used arugula for the bitter instead. Surprisingly I liked this juice a lot. I thought the arugula would be too much, and be off putting but I actually quite enjoyed the unique flavor. I followed this juice with 16oz of Strawberry Kiwi Juice from the book “The Art of Raw Living Food” by Doreen Virtue and Jenny Ross. This one was amazing. Very simple, just strawberry, kiwi, and apple. LOVED IT!

Strawberry Kiwi Juice















2:30-3pm - Drank a Kombucha

4:30pm - Got in a small workout. Only 25 minutes of hooping because I had to do some other stuff but it felt good, and exercising and having that kind of energy while on a juice fast made me feel positive and happy. Also tussled a bit with the dog after the hooping.

5:30-6pm - Made lunch, a 36oz Juice called V-5 Staying Alive Veggie Cocktail from the book “Raw Energy” by Stephanie Tourles. It had tomato, carrot, celery, bell pepper, and cucumber plus I threw a garlic clove in there. Again I liked this one alright but I think I would have preferred a smaller amount. Honestly I’ve never been a fan of V8 or Veggie cocktail’s even fresh pressed with organic produce the flavor doesn’t really suit my palate, but it wasn’t bad. I followed it with 5oz of straight mango juice. Since I had some mangoes that needed to get used. Man fresh mango juice is killer!

V-5 Staying Alive Veggie Cocktail 















9pm - I hadn’t been feeling hungry at all around the usual dinner time. Between 8-8:30 so instead at 9pm I poured out 13oz of coconut water and mixed it with 1 tsp of spirulina, and 1 scoop of wheatgrass powder. - Sorry I forgot to take a picture of this one! - It was less work then making a juice, and less quantity then most of my juice recipes make but still packed with nutrients. Since wheatgrass shots are aloud on juice fasts I figured wheatgrass powder mixed with coconut water would be just as good. It was actually really tasty, and filled me up.

11-11:30pm - Went to bed sometime around here.

Overall thoughts for the day -

I felt really good on my second day and I was surprised. I keep hearing that the first three days are the worst and that people are pretty well down for the count, but I felt happy, positive and energetic. I still felt that not eating was weird but somehow it didn’t bother me as much as it had the first day, and I have to say that every time I drink a juice that thought about eating goes away. The juice fills me up, it nourishes me, makes me forget about the mental aspect of eating and makes me positive. I feel positive because I know the juice is good for me.

No ‘detox’ symptoms except around 8:30pm I had a mild headache came on, but that went away after I drank my wheatgrass- spirulina -coconut water drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment